CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

♥ Part of the Past Playing into the Future ♥

Living

And she says, 'I just feel like dying.
I don't think I can make it another day.
 Merely existing, but not truly living.'
As if her life could be lived any other way.

She is lost, confused, and out of control
Falling into order and justifying it all
Routine becomes her life sentence
Ridiculed by self-existence

Emotional detachment at it's best
Ruining the girl who strives for the rest
Self-sacrificing her own happiness
Realizing it is only her dream

What may, remains a constant battle
Thriving to keep her from going insane
Her reality became her nightmare
Slowly suffocating without even breathing

Until one day something started changing

She never quit hoping

She never quit praying

Her mere existence lost and now she is living


I wrote this poem a few years ago.  I had felt trapped & monotonous with my life in general.  I felt back then that this poem fit perfectly because I made some changes & felt good again.  I believe now that I wrote this poem years before it actually had true meaning behind it.  Sometimes we have to let go of our expectations &  ideas we've held on to for far too long, in order to let what's meant to be happen...

XOXO~
Just A Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for showin some love ♥