So, I had a doctor appointment yesterday with my new PCP again to talk about the whole who said I was addicted & what-not & about getting on something for anxiety. As soon as she came in the room, she started apologizing profusely because they had gotten my charts mixed up with someone else! That was a big relief! Everyone was really upset when I told them this news last week so I am so thankful that it was just a big misunderstanding!
She prescribed me Klonopin for the anxiety to take 3xday as needed. I don't know if I'll need it that much or not, but as for now I'm taking it as directed until I feel some relief. It would be nice if I only needed to take half a dose 3xday instead of a full dose. I started it yesterday as soon as I got it & already I am feeling a little better! I don't feel so agitated all the time or on edge. I feel more mellow & calm & so far everyone still has their heads on, so I think it's doing it's job! LoL
I am just so glad this doctor really is listening to me and trying to help me out! I was skeptical last week after Jeremy had talked to the nurse, but after my appointment yesterday, she really made an impact on me like she is the one who is going to be helping me get on the path to recovery soon! She's already gotten all of my referrals sent out! I go to the OU Women's Clinic in the middle of September & the doctor I'm seeing is both a Gynecologist & a Urologist so that will take off even more stress to see what's going on with my endo & IC. I feel like I have been having more bladder pain here lately and sometimes I have trouble going so I definitely feel like I'm not getting any better thus far with this issue. I have also been feeling pretty bloated & 'backed up' & it's not a great feeling. In fact, it hurts like heck! I'm sorry to be so forward in my posts, but I want women to know my symptoms & maybe it'll help someone else someday that has the same thing that I do, but hasn't quite gotten to a doctor that will listen to them and take them seriously. The only way we are going to figure out what's wrong & symptoms of new diseases or old ones is to spread the word...two people with the same disease may have different symptoms & the list of symptoms described for diseases are only the most common ones out of so many people they have studied with the disease when in fact there may be more symptoms than just those listed, but they aren't listed because those people weren't in the study.
I am just so glad this doctor really is listening to me and trying to help me out! I was skeptical last week after Jeremy had talked to the nurse, but after my appointment yesterday, she really made an impact on me like she is the one who is going to be helping me get on the path to recovery soon! She's already gotten all of my referrals sent out! I go to the OU Women's Clinic in the middle of September & the doctor I'm seeing is both a Gynecologist & a Urologist so that will take off even more stress to see what's going on with my endo & IC. I feel like I have been having more bladder pain here lately and sometimes I have trouble going so I definitely feel like I'm not getting any better thus far with this issue. I have also been feeling pretty bloated & 'backed up' & it's not a great feeling. In fact, it hurts like heck! I'm sorry to be so forward in my posts, but I want women to know my symptoms & maybe it'll help someone else someday that has the same thing that I do, but hasn't quite gotten to a doctor that will listen to them and take them seriously. The only way we are going to figure out what's wrong & symptoms of new diseases or old ones is to spread the word...two people with the same disease may have different symptoms & the list of symptoms described for diseases are only the most common ones out of so many people they have studied with the disease when in fact there may be more symptoms than just those listed, but they aren't listed because those people weren't in the study.
The one thing I'm learning from all of this is that everyone has to stand up for their health! If you think you have something wrong & you feel in your gut that something is not right than most likely you are right & you have to make your doctor listen to you and take you seriously! Don't let them blow you off & treat you as if it's all in your head because most of the time, it's NOT!!!! I know my own body better than my doctor, better than anyone else & I know when something is not right! That doesn't make me a hypochondriac! That makes me aware of what's going on with my body! I do have alot of different issues going on with my body & I do alot of research on symptoms and whatnot to try to figure out what could possibly be going on, but ultimately it is the doctor who does the diagnosis. If I think I might have something I've read about, I discuss it with them & ask why not? Why couldn't I have this? Especially if all of my symptoms are the same? Just like with this Interstitial Cystitis, my mom asked well, how do you know it's not bladder cancer? You know what the doctor said??? That we don't know that it isn't!!!! The ultrasound didn't show anything remarkable but that doesn't mean that I still don't have bladder cancer because they haven't gone up inside to look in my bladder so I may very well have it, but it's too small to be seen by ultrasound right now! That is why I have been so determined to get into a Urologist...with all of the symptoms that I'm having & with bladder cancer running in my family, it freaks me out to think that I could possibly have it & I want it ruled out ASAP if I don't or found & cured early if I do! It is one of the easiest cancers to cure if it's found early! So, why not get in there & find it & fix it before it's too late!
Fight for your health friends! No one else will! Not even your own doctor if you don't stand up to them and tell them too! You have to be persistent too! If they aren't calling you, call them! It's your life on the line, not theirs!!!! What do you have to lose?!? YOUR LIFE! IF YOU DON'T STAND UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!! If you have all of the symptoms or a majority of the symptoms for something make them explain to you why you don't have it!!!!! They won't be able to tell you that you don't have it if they don't run the proper tests on you to find out!
Fight for your health friends! No one else will! Not even your own doctor if you don't stand up to them and tell them too! You have to be persistent too! If they aren't calling you, call them! It's your life on the line, not theirs!!!! What do you have to lose?!? YOUR LIFE! IF YOU DON'T STAND UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!! If you have all of the symptoms or a majority of the symptoms for something make them explain to you why you don't have it!!!!! They won't be able to tell you that you don't have it if they don't run the proper tests on you to find out!
On another good note! The only other referral I'm waiting on is for Pain Management in BA with a Dr. Briggerman-sp? & as soon as that appointment is made I'll pretty much be all set up except for the rheumatologist, but that is pretty minor compared to everything else right now. I hope to eventually get all of it taken care of, but right now we are focusing on the most important & painful issues. My back still really hurts me a majority of the time so I'm hoping the PM doc will be a big help with that. I'm just going to stand up and tell him what works and what doesn't & if he's not willing to help me I'll find a doctor who will! Sometimes you have to search a while before you find the right doctor..the one who will really listen to you and take you seriously, but when you do, it is so worth it! Remember, it's your life on the line! Demand to be taken seriously! Don't take NO for an answer especially when you have that gut feeling that something's not right!
Well, I guess that's about it for now! That's my rant for the day! LOL Sorry so long! I just haven't blogged on here in awhile and wanted to update on what's been going on in my life here lately! I haven't been doing much of anything except dealing with my health issues and sleeping! It's time to get up & start feeling better! I'm so ready! I'm looking forward to the day when I feel back to normal or at least close to it! I miss being able to play with my kids, cooking, walking, shopping, housework, everything a person would normally do on a day to day basis! Never thought I would miss doing housework or cooking for my family, but I do & it makes me sad that I don't do it everyday for them like I used to! I'm just so lucky that they all understand & love me anyways & are willing to help me out when I can't do much! They are truly the world's most wonderful little family!
Well, I promise to start blogging on here more often! I'm going to try to write a blog everyday from now on...at least one every other day! I'll try not to make them all about my medical issues either...I would love to add fun little blogs & get back to the basics of life...kids, love, family, & friends!
I hope this finds you all doing well...at least better than I!
God Bless!
XOXO
♥ Just A Girl ♥
































No comments:
Post a Comment
♥ Thanks for showin some love ♥