CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

♥ Physical Therapy ♥

I started Physical Therapy today for my back.  I really like my Physical Therapist...she is very helpful & understanding.  The exercising she is having me do is not hard at all & eases the pressure from my lower back.  She did say that my pain may get worse before it gets better, but hopefully if that happens it won't last for too long.  I am not sure how much more pain I can take...I've already been in pain for over 2 months now.  The pain medicine that I'm on takes the edge off but never gets rid of the pain 100%.  On a scale from 1-10 my pain everyday is a 6...it's a constant dull ache most of the time, but then there are times when I move wrong that it feels like someone is stabbing me & the pain shoots down my leg.  I always have pain down my left leg all the way to my ankle...that pain is more of a cramping feeling or like my bones are in vice grips.  My goal for physical therapy is to have my pain down to a 2...I would really like to be pain-free, but I have to remain realistic. 
As of right now, I go twice a week for 4 weeks.  My PT said that in a few weeks she may increase it to 6-8 weeks if she feels I need it.
I am hoping as time goes on & hopefully my pain lessens, that I can return to the gym or at least get a workout video & start working out at home.  I felt so much better when I was exercising routinely.  There is a new game for the PS3 that I want called Zumba...it's a workout routine using dance moves & it looks like so much fun!  I was going to go ahead and get it, but I don't want to waste the money if I can't tolerate it.
The only other thing that is really bothering me is how tired I am.  My PT told me that pain is very exhausting.  I sleep all the time & I'm sick of it.  I feel like all I do is sleep.  It's not because I want to..it's because I have no choice.  When my eyes need to close, they just close & I fall asleep.  It's hard for me to go anywhere & do anything because I get so tired so easily.  I just have no energy.  I want to be able to have enough energy to get my housework done without my kids having to help me out like they do.  They do a lot around here & it's nice to have them help out, but it's not fair to them to have to do all they do.  I hate that I feel like I'm not taking care of my family.  It's not who I am.  I just want to feel normal again...

XOXO
♥ Just A Girl ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for showin some love ♥