I want to start off by apologizing to all my faithful readers! My life has been so hectic this past month that I have barely been on here & posted about my happenings! Our little family has been through so much, some happy & some heartbreaking...I don't even know where to begin!
I'll start off by saying that my youngest munchkin is home sick today :( Her & I were up all night last night because she had a really bad bellyache. She still has the bellyache & is now running a fever so I'm thinking we'll be taking a trip to the ER later if she keeps getting worse. I am really hoping it isn't something like appendicitis. She cries out in pain when she uses the restroom & has been at least 20 times in the past 12 hours. Her fever just started so I'll be keeping an eye on it & if she's not better by tonight then we're going. I can't stand seeing her in pain & her doctor can't get her in today! I feel so helpless when my babies are sick like this & I can't magically make them all better!
I don't know how I'm still awake, but I am & I'm taking full advantage of it by catching up on here & writing some much-needed posts while my poor little sweetie is finally napping!
My handsome son had a birthday & is now 10! He was so excited when he opened up his present to find an airsoft pistol with a holster! He already has a BB gun but was really wanting an airsoft pistol...it just HAD to be a pistol! LoL (Boys!) I'm so thankful that my wonderful family gave me the ability to provide that gift for him! It really means alot to me, but meant even more to my son!
And now for the heartbreaking news...
About a month & a half ago, we got a new furry addition to our little family. He was a long-haired Chihuahua that we named Brody. He was my boy! He followed me everywhere, slept with me & would stare at me from across the room if someone else was holding him & he wasn't in my lap! I fell in love with him the moment I saw him! He was the cutest little thing! I noticed last Thursday night that he had pooped on the kitchen floor & it had worms in it. (Gross I know, but I have to be a little graphic to tell my story.) This was something new that he had gotten because I had been paying attention since the moment we got him to make sure he didn't have them. I didn't want to worm him if he didn't need to be wormed & he showed no signs of having any. I had some OTC puppy wormer that was brand new, never been opened & still had a year before it expired. So, I gave him his dose last Friday around ten in the morning. I noticed later that afternoon that he was laying around a lot more than usual but he was still eating & drinking water so I thought maybe it was just the effects of the wormer & he'd perk back up the next day. Late that night, I noticed that he was even more lethargic & wouldn't hardly move, but I kept offering him water & he kept drinking it so the next morning, I was going to pawn my expensive camera & use the money to take him to the vet. I got my neighbor to watch my munchkins & puppy while we went to the pawnshop & on my way back, with the money in my hand, I get a call from my son telling me that my Brody had passed away. I didn't want to believe it, but as soon as I saw him, it sunk in & I just started bawling. I have never had a dog that clung to me like he did. He was like a child to me with the way he acted. He nuzzled my neck and wanted to stay there all the time. He was literally like a newborn baby & I was his 'momma' It breaks my heart. My advice to anyone with a puppy that has worms is to NEVER give them over-the-counter wormer medicine. Take them to a vet or get it from a co-op or Atwoods. I won't mention where I got the wormer medicine, but it is one of the biggest retail stores nationwide. It's not the stores fault & it may not even be the brand of wormer but since this has happened I have had a lot of people tell me similar stories about the same brand of medication. Our hearts are broken & we will never forget our little furbaby Brody. RIP 'momma's lil B'
| Brody 1-4-11 to 5-7-11 |
XOXO
♥ Just A Girl ♥
































No comments:
Post a Comment
♥ Thanks for showin some love ♥